XOG read on an instance of a custom object will fail if the Department OBS is linked to an Entity containning a single quote on its name.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create an Entity with a name containing a single quote
- Create a new Location associated to the new entity
- Create a new Department OBS associated to the new entity
- Associate a Custom Object to the Department OBS
- Create a new instance of the Custom Object
- On the Department OBS field, click on the Binoculars and associate the instance to the Department OBS
- Save the new instance of the custom object
- XOG out the new created instance of the custom object
Expected Result: XOG out to properly read the instance of the object
Actual Result: XOG output contains error (SQLException: [Oracle]ORA-00907: missing right parenthesis)
Applies to all supported PAS environments for specified releases.
Caused by CLRT-77517
Custom Object XOG out with department linked to some entity containing single quote in it's name is failing because in one of the queries to get the lookup related information, entity name is used in an SQL IN clause. String parameters in IN clause are enclosed in single quotes but as the parameter (entity name) already has a single quote in it, it's giving the ORA-00907 error saying that it's not a well-formed SQL query.
Resolved in CA PPM 14.2 Generic Patch #1 or higher.
Resolved in CA PPM 14.3.
Workaround: Remove the Department OBS association on the custom object instance or change the name to remove the character.
Reference TEC1398937 : PPM 14.2 Generic Patch available to resolve reported issues
Reference CA PPM Resolved Defects Index