Workflow tasks added to a change order are not saved when creating a template from a Change Order that has a Category assigned which has a list of workflow tasks defined. This technical document describes the scenario and explains that this is the current design for SDM 17.1 CA SDM.
Workflow tasks added to change order cannot be carried to the new change order. Only the tasks associated with the category will be inserted, that is also happens because the new change order is created with that category. This is by design.
Detailed Step-by-Step Description:
- Create a new Change Order Category and attach a couple of classic workflow tasks.
- Create a new Change Order and specify the category in step #1.
- Use the "Insert Task" button to add another workflow task to the Change Order (CO); modify some of the other fields such as "Need By Date". Save the CO.
- Allow the workflow to execute and then close the Change Order.
- Edit the Change Order and then Save it as a Change Order Template.
- Create a New Change Order using the template that was just saved.
- Review the workflow for the new change order. It only lists the workflow tasks associated with the category and not the task that was inserted in step #3.