1. Uninstall the SCM Client from Control Panel -> Programs
2. Delete the SCM home folder (C:\Program Files\CA\SCM, or C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SCM)
3. Review environment variables to be sure all SCM and PEC-related environment variables have been deleted, and all references to those folders have been removed from the system path.
4. Reboot the machine.
5. Install again, being sure to:
- Login to Windows with a user account that belongs to the local Administrator group
- Use the setup.exe and not the msi file
- Right click on the setup.exe and select “Run as Administrator”
7. Try to open Workbench again.
You might also look for and delete the C:\Users\<their userid>\.cascm folder. This is “scratch pad” space for Workbench and will be re-created the next time Workbench is started.