Currently we are using the fetchmsg probe to monitor queues on AS400 systems
some of these messages are for the application teams.
The message in the message queue have a severity level on the AS400 machine
The application team wants different level UIM alarm to be sent to HP open view alarm levels based on the message severity as below:
a. CRITICAL = Severity 76-99
b. HIGH = Severity 51-75
c. MODERATE = Severity 26-50
d. LOW = Severity 0-25
UIM 9.0 and earlier
fetchmsg probe 1.52 and earlier
To resolve this issue we will need to do the following steps:
1) set up 4 alarms messages in the fetchmsg probe with the different alarm levels.
2) setup 4 profiles setting the alarm severity set to >= the break point IE:
3) these should be created in this order
4) the check box should be checked on the profile "Only If Not Matched By Other Profile"
5) make sure to change the alarm value per the level to match as needed.
This should then allow the alarms to come in to UIM with the different levels and then be populated to HP-openview via the snmpgtw probe as expected