Windows 10 and Windows 2016 was released after R12.9,
so when install agents on these machines in any version old than R14, these machines will shows the wrong OS.
Windows 2016 > will shows as Windows 2012
Windows 10 > will show as Windows 8
There are 2 issues you have at this point.
1. The agent see the Operating System as Windows 2012
2. The Domain Manager does not know the Operating System Windows 2016
To resolve this we recommend the following:
Upgrade the Agent to the latest version, which at this point is R14sp2 (R14sp2 agents can talk to older DM's and SS's).
1. Download and Import the R14sp2 agents into the Domain Manager with the dsmpush command(see techdocs below).
2. Upgrade all Windows10 and Windows 2016 agents with the R14sp2.
This will allow the agent to recognize the OS as Windows 10 or Windows 2016,
but the Domain will now not know what to do with that information and you will see the following under All Computers:
To resolve this do the following:
1. Rename the old OSconfig.xml to OSConfig_old.xml
2. Copy the OSConfig.xml from the R14sp2 agent CA\DSM\Agent\OSConfig.xml to the Domain Manager (the file is 96KB)
3. Then close and reopen the DSM Explorer and if you look back under All Computers,
your agent's OS should now be at the correct version (Windows 2016 or Windows 10).