Why while trying to upgrade WCC on Windows, I got the following error:
Could not get write access to WCC install folder %CA_WCC_INSTALL_LOCATION%. Backup folder was not created. Fix the problem and select OK to try again. Select Cancel to abort installation.
While the installer is hung due to its inability to create the backup UWCC directory, we have found that Process Explorer identifies two open file handles. Closing both of these files allows the installer to continue.
Please complete the following steps:
1. Install Process Explorer and execute it.
2. Execute the UWCC installer.
3. At the point of failure stating unable to create the UWCC backup folder.
4. In Process Explorer:
a) Select Find
b) Select Find Handle or DLL
c) Enter the string 'Workload' and select Search
d) Select the javaw.exe and observe two entries referencing the path %CA_WCC_INSTALL_LOCATION%\data\config\application\config\resources\connection.properties
e) Right-click on each entry and select Close Handle
5. Re-execute the Search for 'Workload' to ensure no javaw.exe entry appears in the Find dialog
6. Go back to the UWCC installer panel that is displayed with the folder creation problem, and select OK to continue the installation of UWCC.