After configuring Alerts on the NFA Administration->Alerts page, I do not see any traps being sent by the Reaper Service on the Harvester.
Any version of RA/NFA.
Below are some common scenarios that can cause traps not to be sent from your Harvesters.
1. Verify that the "Trap Destination" field on the "Administration->Application Settings" page is set to a valid IP address.
2. Run the command below in a command prompt window and verify that the same address from step 1 is returned:
mysql -P3308 -D harvester -t -e "select defaultValue from parameter_descriptions where parameter='TrapDestination';"
If the IP address is different then step 1, try recycling the "Netqos ReporterAnalyzer Manager" service on the Console server and the "CA MySql" service(formerly "Netqos Mysql51" service) on the Harvester and check to see if it updates correctly. If not, contact CA Support.
3. Verify that the trap definitions have been deployed to the Harvester by running the query below:
mysql -P3308 -D harvester -t -e "select distinct trapid, trapname from trap_definitions;"
If you do not see any trap definitions in the table, or if you don't see the name of a newly created trap definition, check the \Reporter\logs\ManagerService*.log for errors related to deploying trap definitions.
4. Verify that the Windows "SNMP Trap" Service is not running at this will use port 162 and block the CA NFA Reaper service from sending out traps.
5. Verify if the Realtimereaper_runAlarms setting is set to '1' in the Harvester database by running the command below:
mysql -P3308 -D harvester -t -e "select * from parameter_descriptions where parameter='RealtimeReaper_RunAlarms';"
If it is not set to '1' run the following command on the Harvester to set it to 1 and then recycle the the "CA NFA Reaper" service:
mysql -P3308 -D harvester -t -e "update parameter_descriptions set defaultValue='1' where parameter='RealtimeReaper_RunAlarms';"
6. Verify that if your Alerts are based on "Utilization" that the interfaces selected in the Trap Definition all have speeds set on them.
See Also the following Documents about NFA Traps: