When using "Allocate from Estimates", the % allocation can be a rounded amount, and may not reflect the true allocation percentage.
There is a setting on the administration side of Clarity, under Project Management -> Settings -> "Round Allocations to Nearest %" which defaults to 25%. If this is set to the default of 25%, it can cause the % allocation value to appear to be incorrect.
- On Project Management -> Settings -> "Round Allocations to Nearest %" verify this is set to 25%
- A resource that has 8 hours of availability, and in their resource calendar they have a full 5 day 40 hour week.
- Assign this resource to a task and assign 4 hours of ETC to the task assignment.
- Verify this resource is 100% allocated on the "Team - Staff" page.
- Now Allocate from Estimates" and navigate back to the "Staff Member Properties" page.
Result: The allocation % segment will show to be 25%, when the value should be closer to 10%. If you change the "Round Allocations to Nearest %" to 1%, it will reflect a value that is closer to 10%.
Keywords: ClarityKB, Allocate, Estimates, %, Resource.