If you create a Web Intelligence Document with multiple reports, for example, create 2 reports, one report shows all tickets for Group A, and the other shows all tickets for Group B, all values, regardless of the Group, show in the Input Control List box.
The Group A report has the Request Statuses "OP" and "ACK" and the Group B report has only "WIP". The Request Status list box has 3 values, "ACK", "OP" and "WIP" including all the available statuses for both reports. Also note the Request Type Symbol list box on the Group B report displays "Request" despite there being no Request tickets available for Group B.
This is working by design. If you would like the Input Control to display only the values related to each report, you need to create a new Dimension and specify it as the Input Control.
e.g. Create the Input Control for "Request Status".
- Open a Web Intelligence Document in edit mode and click on <Edit Report>.
- Click on <Variable Editor> icon from the toolbar.
- Type the following and click <Save>.
e.g. For Request Status,
Name: Query 1 Request Status
Formula: =[Query 1].[Request Status] In ([Query 1].[Request Status])
- Select [Data] tab and make sure if the created dimension "Query 1 Request Status" is displayed.
- Open [Input Control] tab and click on <New>.
- Select "Query 1 Request Status" from 'Select Report Object' list and click on <Next>.
- Choose Control Type and click on <Next>, and then hit <Finish>.
The values listed in the input Control are displayed as expected.
You need to create the Dimensions for all Input Controls similarly.