The FOL=ON CNTL option is needed to successfully monitor dynamically called programs. This option will allow InterTest to "follow" monitoring into the second, or called,application program. However, the called program does not receive control directly from CICS, but rather from CEE programs IGZCPAC or IGZXLPKA so monitoring needs to be established on these two programs as well.
In order to facilitate the use of the FOL= option, internal CNTL commands are executed to set monitoring on IGZCPAC and IGZXLPKA as part of the initialization when InterTest is started. You may see these commands repeated to the terminal and/or the CICS joblog along with the other CA InterTest for CICS startup messages:
The elements of the commands include:
- PROG=IGZCPAC and PROG=IGZXLPKA - set monitoring on the CEE program
- FOL=ON - continue or "follow" monitoring into the program that receives control from IGZCPAC or IGZXLPKA
- USR=.ANY - this command is applicable to all Userids.
Once the commands are successfully executed, the two CEE programs are placed in the monitoring table. This table is visible by using one of the following two methods:
- Choosing Option 31 Utility Functions on the CNTL menu
- then List CA Intertest tables
- Entering a CNTL=LIST command
An alternative choice is to execute a CNTL=INQX command. This will also show the FOL=ON and USR=.ANY options as well as the program names.