I created a project, posted timesheets and I see 'Actuals' on the Project Dashboard, why don't the 'Actuals' appear on the Project Hierarchy Tab in the Effort Rollup portlet?
First, if this is a Program or Master Project, check to ensure the Allocation % on the child investments are greater than zero (Allocation % > 0.00%). If the child investment is allocated at zero percent, the actuals will be zero in the hierarchy tab.
If the allocation percentage is configured as desired, or this is a single investment without any child investments, yet the actuals are not showing what is expected, then check to ensure all appropriate jobs have been executed for updating the data.
There are 3 jobs that can be scheduled at regular intervals that provide updates to specific investment data within the Hierarchy views and Portfolio Management Views.
To ensure that the end-user is seeing current data within the Hierarchy and Portfolio Management views schedule the following jobs:
- Time Slicing job
- Investment hierarchy time slicing, must be on the first day of the month or the week(Monday) to have the values to show in investment hierarchy.
- For more detail, please refer to TEC435572 : How should I configure my Time Slices?
- Investment Allocation job
Purge Temporary Aggregated Data (formerly: Purge Temporary Hierarchy Data) job
- This job updates the ETCSUM and EACSUM fields for investments based on the resources allocated to the investment. It calculates the sum of the ETC values for all the investment's assignments and stores the value in the ETCSUM field, and calculates the sum of the EAC values for all the investment's assignments and stores the value in the EACSUM field.
Note: This job may influence data or performance in Demand Management.
Update Aggregated Data (formerly: Update Hierarchy Data) job
- This job cleans up the data created as a part of computing aggregated costs and role demand for the investment hierarchy.
- Purging Option. Select to clear all temporary data or to clear all outdated data. Clearing all temporary data cleans up all the temporary as well as cached data. Clearing outdated temporary data preserves the cached data which is still valid and deletes other temporary data.
- This job flattens the percentage allocations between the investments in the hierarchy. Run this job when there have been multiple changes in the investment hierarchy.