The CA JCLCheck runtime options affect how JCLCheck processes its input and output. The default runtime options are defined during installation. Additional options and can be added for each run. CA JCLCheck R7.0 and below used the Special Feature (FE) number in addition to the keyword runtime options. Alllater versions of JCLCheck use the keyword runtime options only. All supported runtime options are documented in the CA JCLCheck Command Reference Guide, in Chapter 3.
Example of a runtime option: AU
Description: AUTOPROC. This option enables CA JCLCheck to extract the cataloged procedure library definitions from the JES2/JES3 address space.
Runtime options are set from the following sources:
- JCLDFLT CSECT: contains the default options used for all invocations of CA JCLCheck. Instructions for coding this module are in the CA JCLCheck Programming Guide, in Chapter 2. The JCLDFLT source is in the CAZ2SRC library. To assemble and link this CSECT, JCLCheck USERMOD MZ1XX24 must be applied from the CAZ2JCL library.
- PARM on the EXEC JCLCHECK statement: (Affects this invocation of CA JCLCheck only). If CA JCLCheck batch is used, the runtime options can be specified or overridden as follows:
//STEPNAME EXEC PGM=JCLCHECK, PARM='AU,SEV(4)'
1. JCLOPTS DD data set: (Affects this invocation of JCLCheck only). If CA JCLCheck batch is used, the runtime options can be defined in any sequential data set or PDS member allocated to ddname JCLOPTS. This ddname can be overridden as follows:
2. //STEP1 EXEC PGM=JCLCHECK,PARM=' OPTIONS (MYOPT)'
4. //MYOPT DD *
5. AU SEV(4) etc... (options must be between column 2 and 71, delimited by space.)
- SUBCHKDD DD data set: (Affects this invocation of JCLCheck only). This data set is referenced only if the SUBCHEK feature is used. SUBCHEK is a CA JCLCheck front-end to the IBM TSO Submit function.
- EDCHKDD DD dataset: (Affects this invocation of JCLCheck only). This data set is referenced only if the EDCHEK function is used. EDCHEK is an ISPF/PDF edit macro and is invoked using the !JCK or %EJCK command.
- JCK Options panel JCK21. The options defined on this panel are referenced only when the %EJCK command is used. To display this panel and/or modify the options, enter command "%EJCK PANEL".
- CA JCLCheck ISPF Control Options Menu (panelid JCK0202, JCK0203, JCK0204, and JCK03). The options defined on these panels are referenced only if JCLCheck is invoked from the CA JCLCheck ISPF Online panels.
- R1 parameter list of calling program. If CA JCLCheck is called from a user written program, register 1 is the address of the parameter list containing runtime options.
When CA JCLCheck is executed, the runtime options from the above sources are merged together and the negating options (ex: NOAU) take precedence. In other words, if JCLDFLT specifies NOAU and the EXEC PGM=JCLCHECK statement has PARM='AU', the option in effect will be "NOAU". The sequence of the option relative to its negating option is not relevant.
A complete list of options in effect is always produced in the message output that precedes the standard CA JCLCheck reports.