Where can I locate the latest APPLYPTF Utility from CA Support Online?
Document ID :
Last Modified Date :
Show Technical Document Details
CA Service Desk Manager
CA Service Desk
CA Service Desk Manager:Release:17.1
CA Service Desk Manager:Release:17.0
CA Service Desk Manager:Release:14.1
CA Service Desk Manager:Release:12.9
CA Service Desk:Release:17.1
CA Service Desk:Release:17.0
CA Service Desk:Release:14.1
CA Service Desk:Release:12.9
SERVICE DESK MANAGER:USRD
Unicenter Service Desk:USVD
CA SERVICE MANAGEMENT:SVCMGT
Downloading the latest version of the APPLYPTF Utility
The APPLYPTF Utility can be download via CA Support Online(CSO).
Below are the steps to download and install the APPLYPTF UTILITY:
Download the APPLYPTF UTILITY:
1. Navigate to the following URL:
Note: If the login-bar appears at the top of the page, please login to CSO using your credentials
2. Click on the ''Download Solution' button.
3. The DOWNLOAD STATUS page appears. Select a folder to save the APPLYPTF Utility package to (i.e. C:\ApplyPTF)
4. Once the download has completed, you will receive a DOWNLOAD COMPLETE MESSAGE
Install the APPLYPTF Utility:
1. If not already downloaded, download the CAZIPXP Utility by following the instructions documented at
. Download the CAZIPXP Utility to the same directory where the APPLYPTF Utility was downloaded
2. Via a Command Prompt, navigate to the directory where the APPLYPTF and CAZIPXP utilities were downloaded (i.e. C:\ApplyPTF)
3. Extract the APPLYPTF package by running the following command
cazipxp -u RO79605.caz
4. Run the following command
This will create a folder called C:\ca_appsw
5. Copy all the APPLYPTF files from where APPLYPTF was extracted to (i.e. C:\ApplyPTF) to the C:\ca_appsw directory by running the following command
copy apply*.* c:\ca_appsw
6. Add the C:\ca_appsw directory to the Windows System Variable Path
7. From where APPLYPTF was extracted to (i.e. C:\ApplyPTF), run the command 'applyptf' to install the APPLYPTF Utility for the first time
8. Select the radio button 'Apply PTF to local or remote nodes' and click NEXT
9. Browse to the location where APPLYPTF was extracted (i.e. C:\ApplyPTF) and select the RO79605.JCL file. Click NEXT.
10. Click NEXT followed by EXIT once the install is completed
The APPLYPTF Utility is now installed.
Was this information helpful?