Where can i find ITCM agent package for "Windows CE Devices" ?
With CA ITCM asset management, you can perform inventory, distribute software, and schedule various tasks using mobile devices. These jobs can be executed when the mobile device user temporarily returns to the user’s computer to exchange or synchronize information between the mobile device and the computer. Typically, the mobile device will be hooked up through a “cradle” connected to the serial port of the computer.
The platform supported by asset management agent software is the Microsoft Windows CE/Pocket PC series of devices running under the Windows CE operating system.
To enable data exchange between the mobile device and the computer using the docking device, you must perform the following installation and configuration steps:
* Install the synchronization software.
* For Windows CE devices (PocketPC and Windows Mobile):
Install Microsoft ActiveSync (which is shipped with the PocketPC or Windows Mobile device) on a target computer and connect the device to this computer.
Note: The Microsoft ActiveSync component needs to be installed before enabling docking device support on a host PC. Also, the Microsoft ActiveSync component must be made aware of the changes to the PATH environment variable which is done during the installation of CA ITCM. This is accomplished by logging off and then on again after the installation of CA ITCM.
* Install a Software Delivery or Asset Management agent on the target computer.
* On the manager activate the proxy device for CA ITCM, as follows:
* Create a new configuration policy, for example, my_dockingdevice_policy, and set the value of the 'DSM/common components/docking_devices' parameter to True.
* For Software Delivery additionally, set the value of the 'DSM/Agent/Common agent/software delivery docking device' parameter to Palm+WinCE.
* Apply the policy to the target computer.
* For Windows CE devices, reconnect the mobile device to the target computer (disconnect and connect again).
* Run "caf register all" on the target computer, or wait up to 24 hours for automatic registration.