In the Window Navigation Diagram when using Edit/Menu Design to delete a menu item, the item is still present after returning to the Window. This incomplete delete can subsequently result in a build error of the form:
"Error RC2104 : undefined keyword or key name: RCMD_XXXXXX_NO_COMMAND".
This is a known problem which has a documented workaround but the root cause has never been found
- In the Window Navigation Diagram, under Options disable the option "Common Edit Modifications".
- Set Edit/Mode to Window and using Edit/Menu Design delete the menu item. After returning to the Window the menu item is still present.
- Change Edit/Mode to HTML.
- In HTML mode, delete the menu item. If the item has been removed from the Window menu go to step 7, otherwise continue with step 5.
- Change Edit/Mode to ASP.NET.
- In ASP.NET mode, delete the menu item. The item should then be removed from the Window menu.
- Change Edit/Mode back to Window or HTML.
- The menu item deleted in steps 2 and 4 should no longer be visible.
- Re-enable the option "Common Edit Modifications".