This document explains the cause for the Database Logon error in Java Infoview and the steps to resolve the error message.
When trying to run a report in Java Infoview an error appears "The report you requested requires further information" Fig 1
This error message is displayed if the ODBC driver is configured incorrectly. The ODBC driver connection need to be established for the reports to work.
Steps to test the ODBC connection:
- On the BOXI server, go to Start ->All Programs->Business Objects XI Release 2->Business Objects Enterprise->Designer
- Login to Designer as Administrator
- In Designer, click on Tools->Connections Fig 2
- Select CA ServiceDesk and click on Test to check if the ODBC connection is working. You should see a message "The server is responding." If the ODBC driver is not configured properly you get an error "The server is not responding" Fig 3
- To check the settings of ODBC driver. Go to Start ->All Programs->Administrative Tools->Data Sources->System DSN tab. Select casd_ServerName data source and click on Configure. Fig 4
- Click on Advanced and in the configuration window click on Update. Make sure the following settings are correct. Fig 5
- IP Address : Should be the IP address of the ServiceDesk server.
- Port should be 1706
- Type should be SQL
Note: As an example the IP address of ServiceDesk Server was typed incorrectly.
- Make the required changes and click on OK to save the changes.
- Login to the Designer again.
- Go to Tools->Connections , Select CA ServiceDesk and click on Test. It should display a message "The Server is responding" Fig 6
- Restart all the services from the Central Configuration Manager and then run the report. It should display the results. Fig 7