Getting the following error when trying to generate Spectrum Report Manager reports in 9.2:
"Max processing time or Max record limit reached"
By default after installing CA Business Intelligence the maximum number of Database records read when executing a query is 20000.
On occasion it may be required to set this value to unlimited in order to be able to run large SRM reports and return data successfully.
When running SRM reports and you get the error "Max processing time or Max record limit reached" carry out the following steps to set the records limit to unlimited to correct this and prevent the error from occurring:
- Login to the Central Management Console
- Click Servers
- Right click and select properties for the server labeled Crystal Reports Processing Server (formerly known as the Page Server)
- Locate the the field named 'Database Records Read When Previewing or Refreshing'
- Enter '0' for this field and click 'Save and Close'
- Right click on the server and select 'Restart Server'
Note: This procedure will temporarily prevent users from generating reports. Once the Processing Server restarts, report generation can resume.