Receive this error when trying to create a baseline in a project:-
"Cannot lock one or more subprojects. Operation aborted."
Steps to Reproduce:
1. In CA PPM, create a new project
2. From the 'Properties' tab drop down for the project, select the 'Subprojects' subpage
3. Click the 'Add' button then check the check box next to one project and click 'Add'
4. Click on the link to the subproject from the Subproject list
5. Select the 'Open in Scheduler' drop down then open the project in 'Read/Write' for the scheduler tool used for the project. (Example: Microsoft Project [Read-Write])
6. Without closing the project in the scheduler tool (so the lock is retained in the subproject), navigate back to the project created in Step 1
7. From the Properties tab drop down, select the 'Baseline' subpage
8. Click 'New'
9. Enter the required information for the Baseline and then click 'Save' or 'Save and Return'
Expected Results: Baseline is created successfully.
Actual Results: Receive error: Cannot lock one or more subprojects. Operation aborted.
Applies to all supported PAS environments for all releases (v13.3, v14.2, v14.3, v14.4)
This is working as designed. A baseline cannot be created for a master project if any of its subprojects are locked.
Navigate to the subproject that is locked, and click the Unlock button to release the lock on the project.
(Note: Check with the user who locked the subproject before unlocking it to ensure that any edits they have made to the project are saved in PPM first.)