This document explains the steps to resolve connection error in Java Infoview.
The error message ERROR: "FAILED TO OPEN CONNECTION" generally appears if the ODBC connection to ServiceDesk is having a problem.
Steps to verify if the ODBC connection is working:
- On the BOXI server, go to Start ->All Programs->Business Objects XI Release 2->Business Objects Enterprise->Designer
- Login to Designer as Administrator.
- In Designer, click on Tools->Connections Fig 1
- Select CA ServiceDesk and click on Edit.
- In the next screen the UserName and Password being used are displayed. Click on Next . Figure 2
- Click on Test to validate the connection. It should display a message "The Server is responding" If not there is a problem with the connection. The error message is displayed on the left side. Figure 3
- In this example it displayed Login Failed. Click on Back button and re-type the password in the password field. Then click on Next and test the connection again. Figure 4
- Close the Designer and the reports in infoview will work.