The "(CS) COM Provider CLSID not specified or erroneous" error is due to an incorrect connection driver specified for the universe.
CA Business Intelligence (CABI) 3.3, 4.1
CA Asset Portfolio Management 12.9, 14.1
1. In the universe designer, from the File menu, select Import to import the universe named IT Asset Manager.
2. In the menu, choose Tools, then Connections.
3. In the Connections window, view either the ITAM (or Allegheny) connection name.
The driver for the connection should be listed as SQL OLE DB, for SQL Server database connections, NOT ODBC or Oracle OCI.
4. If the connection is other than SQL OLE DB (for SQL Server database), then edit the existing connection and note the existing connection parameters.
5. Delete the connection named ITAM, and create a new connection with the SAME NAME (ITAM).
When recreating the new connection for SQL Server databases, choose the SQL OLE DB driver for your specific SQL Server database release level.
The database server name connection property is in the format:
tcp:ServerName,PortNumber or tcp:ServerName\InstanceName,PortNumber if the mdb is in a SQL Server instance.
If the database connection parameters are correct, but the 'test connection' to the database is NOT successful, then make sure the server has the SQL Server Native Client installed.