After a successful migration from CA Service Desk Manager (CA SDM) 12.7 to CA SDM 12.9, you may see error messages in the stdlog file when starting the
Service Desk service, as follows:
12/12 10:47:51.08 COMPUTERNAME pdm_d_mgr 2844 SIGNIFICANT mgr_os_if.c 1717 >>>>>> Daemon Manager Started <<<<<<
12/12 10:47:51.08 COMPUTERNAME pdm_d_mgr 2844 SIGNIFICANT mgr_os_if.c 2094 Running pdm_odbc_start.bat script:C:/abc/USVD\bin\pdm_odbc_start.bat
12/12 10:47:51.08 COMPUTERNAME pdm_d_mgr 2844 ERROR mgr_os_if.c 1269 Unable to execute command F:\PGMS\USVD\bin\pdm_odbc_start.bat - The system cannot find the file specified.
12/12 10:47:51.10 COMPUTERNAME pdm_d_mgr 2844 SIGNIFICANT mgr_os_if.c 2109 Starting ODBC services failed with rc=16. Please run pdm_odbc_start manually if ODBC services are not running. Ignore if already running.
pdm_odbc_start.bat and pdm_odbc_stop.bat are missing in the NX_ROOT/bin directory.
This happens if the services "CA Service Desk ODBC Agent" and "CA Service Desk ODBC Data Access" services are not deleted before the migration process.
Performing the following steps before the migration, or after receiving the error messages, solves the problem:
- Stop the "CA Service Desk Manager" service.
- Stop the "CA Service Desk ODBC Agent" sevice
- Stop the "CA Service Desk ODBC Data Access" service
- Delete the files located in the following location:
Note: Making a backup before deletion is a general best practice.
- Run the following commands from a command prompt:
- Reboot the server (both ODBC services are gone now)
- Now run the migration process. Both bat files will be created.