Objects within the CABI Universe can be configured so that their values are refreshed/retrieved before being used in a report. The option ' Automatic refresh before use' allows data contained in the list of values (LOVs) to be refreshed before it is displayed in the Query Pane. Note that you should choose this option only for Universe objects that contain data that is frequently changing since this can have an effect on performance each time the LOV is refreshed.
In the following example, the CA Service Desk Request Category Universe object will be configured for ' Automatic refresh before use':
- Launch the CABI Universe Designer application and login as a CABI Administrator
- Open the CA Service Desk Universe
- In the left-hand navigation pane, select REQUEST-> REQUEST DETAIL, right-click on CATEGORY and select OBJECT PROPERTIES as shown in Figure1.
- On the PROPERTIES tab, click on 'Automatic refresh before use' and click OK as shown in Figure 2.
- Select FILE- > SAVE to save changes made to the Universe and FILE -> EXPORT to export the changes as shown in Figure 3 and 4.