Problem description: When I click on a link to an attachment, I get an error:
404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
Step 1 : Edit the registry to grant permission to create a custom event log
- Log on to the web server as an administrator. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and click OK. The Registry Editor window appears.
- Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\Security", Right click on security and select permissions.
- Click add, select "Network Service", give it read permissions and click "OK".
- Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog", right-click Eventlog, and then click Permissions. Permissions for Eventlog dialog box appears.
- Click Advanced. The Advanced Security Settings for Eventlog dialog box appears. In the Name column, double-click the Users group. The Permission Entry for Eventlog dialog box appears. Select the Set Value and the Create Subkey check boxes, and then click OK.
- Close the Registry Editor
Step 2: Update the APM web server web.config file to point to the full path name of the eiam.config file:
- Login into your webserver and navigate to \Program Files (x86)\CA\ITAM\Web Server and edit the eiam.config file
- Locate the following key: <LoggerConfiguration file="eiam.log4net.config"/>
- Modify to add the complete path to the eiam.config file: <LoggerConfiguration file="\Program Files (x86)\CA\ITAM\Web Server\eiam.log4net.config"/>
- Save and close the file.
Edit the \Program Files (x86)\CA\ITAM\Web Server\eiam.log4net.config file
Locate the entry
<level value="<any value>" />
Change <any value> to FATAL
Save and close the file.