When on the Role details page and select the 'Assign Contact' option, the contact search screen only filters by first, middle or last name. In an organization where there are 200,000+ contacts, there are quite a few duplicate first and last names. Is there a way to configure this contact search screen to add more filter criteria fields?
When on the Role details page and select the 'Assign Contact' option, the contact search screen that appears is not configurable.
No further criteria fields can be added to this contact search screen.
As it is necessary to both assign contacts to a role and authorize the contacts to use CA Asset Portfolio Manager, it is easier to authorize the users and add them to a role at the same time. When Authorizing a user, the select screen contains more filter criteria, such as: userid, last name, first name, job title and department.
Steps to Authorize a user and add them to a User role:
1. Navigate to Administration -> User/Role Management -> Authorize Users
2. Select the 'Search Users' button. The 'Search EEM users or synchronized contacts' page appears.
3. Filter by one or more of the filter criteria: userid, last name, first name, job title and department.
The userid field is the most unique filter criteria field.
4. After selecting a user, the user will appear in the authorize users list. Click the pencil icon and add them to a user role.
5. Now the user is both authorized and in a CA Asset Portfolio Manager user role.