When Exporting to Excel, Fields with Data Type of Time-varying do not show Decimal Values in Excel. They are rounded to a whole number.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Login to CA PPM
- Navigate to Home, Projects List
- Click on the Options icon, then Configure
- Go to the Layout page and add 'Detailed Planned Cost' (or any other Time-varying field) as a single column attribute on the layout
- Click 'Save and Return' button
- Click on the Options icon and choose Export to Excel (Data Only)
Expected result: Fields that show Decimal values in CA PPM show Decimal values in Excel.
Actual Result: No decimal places show in Excel for Time-varying fields configured on the layout as single column attributes.
NOTE: This only happens for the time-varying type of attributes that are configured as regular column attributes on the layout. If you configure the time-varying attributes within a TSV configuration, they export to Excel as expected. As you can see in the screenshot below, the 'Detailed Planned Cost' field configured as a single column attribute displays values with 2 decimals in CA PPM and exports with no decimal values formatted in Excel. However, the TSV configuration exports to Excel as expected.
Applies to all supported PAS environments for specified releases.
Caused by CLRT-75258
This issue has been reviewed by development and determined that it will not be fixed.
After exporting to excel, change the format in the column with issue to show decimal values.