When clicking the Reports Tab or BI Launchpad button the following error occurs in the CA Service Desk Manager (SDM) interface:
AHD04802 - user authentication error
The stdlog file shows:
AHD04012:Security id () not found or has expired
This problem occurs on SDM r12.9 and 14.1 integrated with SDM
The Request Port in the Central Management Console (CMC) may be se to Auto Assign.
When the firewall is enabled in the environment, and the ports used by BOXI are not enabled, the problem occurs.
How it works is:
- Service Desk communicates to the CMC through 6400.
- CMC communicates back over 6400 to Service Desk and lets it know that it should connect to the Request port.
- Now, Service Desk tries to connect to that Request port.
- But if it is set to Auto Assign, and that specific port is being blocked.
To resolve the problem:
- In CMC, change the port from Auto Assign to a static hard coded Request Port value. It must be a port available for use.
- Enable that port in the firewall.
- Next, logoff from SDM and login again to have SDM communicating thorough the port.