When can we schedule the installation of new Upgrade and Patch requests for SaaS PPM environments?
All supported PPM versions
Please note that we *Cannot* directly first apply patch to PROD - We first need to apply on DEV – then verify it and ensure we are good to apply for PROD.
Below is the current process that is followed for scheduling Upgrade and Patch installation requests.
1) Please open a separate ticket for each environment upgrade/patch/rollback request with proposed schedule/timeline per the below checklist.
2) We need more than 1 week (subject to availability) to schedule any upgrades/patches. Cut-off to schedule for a specific Monday/Tuesday/Friday is always previous Monday. Always open the ticket request latest by the previous Monday.
3) Non-prod environment ‘patch installs’ are scheduled on Mondays (subject to availability) starting at 8am US Pacific time.
4) Non-Prod upgrades are scheduled (subject to availability) for Tuesdays (and if Tuesday is full, for Mondays - subject to availability) starting at 8am US Pacific time
5) All Production upgrades and patches are scheduled (subject to availability) on Fridays starting at 8pm US Pacific time for North America data centers, and 11am US Pacific time for EMEA & APJ data centers excluding the 2nd Friday of each month for maintenance activities.
See -> https://support.ca.com/us/knowledge-base-articles.TEC601946.html schedule for more information.