When attempting to uninstall CA Unified Self Service via Windows Control Panel -> Programs and Features, receive an error "Fatal Application Error" and then the Uninstaller quits.
Clicking on Details shows additional information:
The error message in clear text looks like:
Flexeraawy$aaa: Windows DLL failed to load
at Flexeraawy.af(Unknown Source)
at Flexeraawy.aa(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.init(Unknown Source)
Environment: CA Unified Self Service on Windows 2012
Cause: Windows Compatibility mode is preventing the executable to run successfully.
1. Using Windows Explorer, identify the program "Change Unified Self-Service Installation.exe" within the Unified Self Service installation directory. Default path is: C:\Program Files\CA\Self Service\Unified Self-Service_installation\Change Unified Self-Service Installation.exe
2. Right Click on the file and select the option 'Troubleshoot Compatibility'
3. In the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter window, select the option 'Try Recommended Settings'
4. On the following screen, select 'Test the program' option.
5. The Uninstaller should launch properly now.
If the above approach does not work, try this approach:
1) Open a command prompt and change to directory: C:\Program Files\CA\Self Service\Unified Self-Service_installation
2) type: "Change Unified Self-Service Installation.exe" LAX_VM "D:\Program Files\CA\Unified Self-Service_installation\jre7\bin\java.exe"
Note: D:\Program Files\CA\Unified Self-Service_installation\jre7\bin\java.exe should be Java 1.7 version, the one that CA SM 14.1 installer installs.
This time it should launch the Uninstaller window.