CA SDM has a special "Role" for reporting called the "Reporting Role".
This Role is held against the Access Type and defines the Reporting security. Each Access Type has a Reporting Role.
Typically the AHD04020 error is a result of no Reporting Role defined for the user's Access Type.
Perform the following to solve the issue:
- Login to CA SDM as an Administrator
- Click on the ADMINISTRATION tab and navigate to SECURITY AND ROLE MANAGEMENT -> ACCESS TYPES and click on an ACCESS TYPE (i.e. Service Desk Staff) as shown in Figure 1.
- Click on the EDIT button
- Click on the '3. Roles' tab and click on the REPORTING ROLE title to bring up the Role lookup form as shown in Figure 2.
- Click SEARCH select a Role from the search results (i.e. Level 1 Analyst) as shown in Figure 3.
- Click SAVE as shown in Figure 4.
- Attempt to run a summary/detail report with a contact that has the Access Type just modified.