ApplyPTF believes the Service Desk product is not installed on the machine where you are trying to apply the patch. This is caused by an empty Service Desk path in the registry. This error happens on secondary machines where patches are being applied.
IMPORTANT: This article contains information about modifying the registry.
Before you modify the registry, make sure to create back up of the registry and ensure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem may occur.
For more information about how to back up, restore, and edit the registry, please review the relevant Microsoft Knowledge Base articles on support.microsoft.com.
Please backup your Windows registry and consult your systems administrator before making these changes.
- On the machine where the error is occurring go to START\RUN and type "regedit".
- Navigate to HKLM\software\Computer Associates\CA Service Desk\
This value should be empty. This is causing the ApplyPTF to think Service Desk is not installed.
- Go to your primary machine and navigate the registry to HKLM\software\Computer Associates\CA Service Desk\
- Export HKLM\software\Computer Associates\CA Service Desk\ from the working machine.
- Name the file SD_path.reg.
- Move SD_path.reg to your non-working secondary.
- Double click on SD_path.reg which will import the Service Desk path into the registry.
You should now be able to apply Service Desk patches using ApplyPTF.