Open Workbench is not saving the correct task start and finish dates back to Clarity. Instead, it is saving the start and finish dates from the task assignments. This happens regardless of the task type being set to fixed duration and/or task being locked for scheduling.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a Fixed Duration, non-summary-level task on a project.
2. In Clarity, add an assignment to the task.
3. Set the assignment start and finish dates to be *within* the task start and finish dates.
4. Open the project in OWB.
5. Save the project back to Clarity.
Expected Result: The Task dates remain the same.
Actual Result: The task dates change to be the same as the assignment dates.
This has been resolved in 13.3 as CLRT-72524.
With the fix in place, the expected behavior for any detail (non summary level) task when assignment starts later or finish sooner, is as follows:
If the task is Fixed Duration
- Task Start Date will be changed to match the minimum assignment start date, only if it is currently later than that date, otherwise it remains unchanged
- Task Finish Date will be changed to match the maximum assignment finish date, only if it is currently earlier than that date, otherwise it remains unchanged
If the task if NOT Fixed Duration
- Task Start Date will be changed to match the minimum assignment start
- Task Finish Date will be changed to match the maximum assignment finish