What database thresholds are checked during database analysis when THRESHOLDCHECK=YES is specified for CA Database Analyzer?
Certain database parameters are checked to ensure they are within reasonable bounds. If not, they can be reported as warnings so that corrective action can be taken before a problem exists. An example would be a database data set that is close to being full.
The following Threshold checks are made if THRESHOLDCHECK=YES (YES is the default for native execution, NO when executed under CA Database Copier or DFSUDMP0) is specified:
- The percentage of blocks with free space (based on the bit map of an HD database) is less than the THCBITMAPAVAIL threshold.
- The percentage of a segment's pointers that point outside the block where they exist, exceeds the THCBLKOVERFLOW threshold.
- The percentage of a segment's pointers that point outside the cylinder where they exist exceeds the THCCYLOVERFLOW threshold.
- The total amount of DEDB IOVF space available is less than 15%.
- The total percentage of available IOVF CIs is less than 5%.
If any of these conditions are met, a warning will be issued and RC04 will be set.
For more information refer to the CA Database Analyzer documentation at https://docops.ca.com/ca-database-management-solutions-for-ims-for-z-os/19-0/en/managing-database-performance/ca-database-analyzer-for-ims/analyzing-databases/threshold-checking