An ODBC Data Source is required in order for CA Harvest servers to connect with distinct database instances. To test that the Data Source has been created correctly, a few tests can be performed.
CA Harvest 12.x, 13
Windows OSOracle database server
Please follow these steps to test to make sure the Datasource is configured correctly:
- Identify the Data Source that Harvest is using first. Normally its in the %HARVESTHOME%\HServer.arg file.
- Launch the properties for this Data Source in Start -> Settings ->Control Panel -> Admin Tools -> ODBC Data Sources -> System DSN -> Configure
- Make sure that this same Data Source Name exists in the %HARVESTHOME%/HServer.arg file.
- Make a note of the Server Name (if it is populated, normally it is blank). The Advanced tab should have the default username set as blank.
- The options Enable Scrollable Cursors and Application Using Threads should be checked ON.
- Use MS-DOS and navigate to C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\odbc\bin or %HARVESTHOME%\ODBC\bin directory. Type drivconn or static (both are ODBC Test routines).
- Select the DSN Name (same as the one in step c) above) - by number.
- Provide the Harvest Database Schema username and password.
- Both tests should show success and should not cause any Ora-XXXX error messages.
An additional SQL Plus test could also be performed incase you get any TNS Timeout or such issues (user, pass below are the Harvest Database Username and Password)
- If step d) above has got the ServerName field populated, sqlplus user/pass@ServerName should get you to the SQL Prompt
- If step d) above has a Null value, sqlplus user/pass should get you to the SQL Prompt