This article covers EM Performance and the Harvest Cycle.
Q: What is the work being done by the harvesting process with respect to MOM? Is the high harvest capacity causing calculators to run with high harvest time?
A: It is the reverse: high calculator harvest time leads to high harvest duration resulting in much of the harvest capacity being used. The target is for Harvest Duration (and SmartStor Duration, too) to stay well below 3.5 seconds to satisfy ad-hoc queries.
Below are probable causes of EM performance degradation and the corresponding indicator metrics:
Agents Sending Too Many Metrics and/or Leaks.
- Number of Metrics Handled
- Harvest: Metrics From All Agents (note: before clamping)
- Number of Historical Metrics (going up)
Calculators/Alerts matching too many metrics.
- Calculators: Total Number of Evaluated Metrics
- Alerts: Total Number of Evaluated Metrics
Too Many Ongoing Queries or Transaction Trace Events.
- Number of Registered Async Data Queries
- Connections: Number of Events Processed
Too Many Broad Historical Queries.
- SmartStor Queries Per Interval / Cached Queries Per Interval
- Metric Matches per Interval