This document explains the new Closure Code field in the change order table of ServiceDesk R12.1
The Closure Code is a new field added to the Chg table in ServiceDesk 12.1. This field is similar to the Root Cause in ServiceDesk. Before closing any change order, you have an option to select the closure code which displays the end result of the change order. Out of box three closure codes available
- Successful: Indicates the change order was successful
- Successful with errors: Indicates the change order was successful but with errors.
- Unsuccessful: Indicates the change order was unsuccessful.
New closure codes can also be created depending on business required. To create new Closure Codes:
- Go Administration tab->ServiceDesk->Change Orders->Closure Codes
- Click on Create New button.
The closure code on a change order can be made mandatory at the time of closing the change order similar to root cause. This is controlled by the following options in the options manager
- require_closure_code: This will prompt the users to select a closure code before closing the change order. This option has two choices both, close. Both will make closure code required even for the status resolved.
- force_closure_code: This option will force the closure code selected on the parent change order to any child change orders.
To install/deinstall the above options, go to Administration->Options Manager->Change Order Mgr See Fig1