The function of the USERSVC parameter indicates the user-defined SVC number that CA QuickFetch should use.
Specify an SVC number if any of the following conditions are true:
- You specified the ID parameter, indicating that you want to run multiple CA-QuickFetch address spaces.
Each address space must have a unique SVC number. Specify this number in the PARM field of the EXEC statement in the startup procedure of CA-QuickFetch. (QFPROC member of the QF.CNTL library provided)
Note: If you also specify this value in the parameter data set, it must match the value on the EXEC statement.
- CA-QuickFetch is coexisting with another product that alters the CVFETCH entry, such as JES3, CA-Panexec, CA Roscoe, CA-ACF2, and CA PDSMAN. Specify the USERSVC value, either in the PARM field of the EXEC statement in the start-up procedure of CA-QuickFetch, or in the parameter data set. (QFPARM member of the QF.CNTL library provided)
**Consult the CA QuickFetch Systems Programmer Guide for more details and implementation information.
- You are using the CA-QuickFetch AMASPZAP replacement program to communicate zap updates to CA-QuickFetch.
Format: The USERSVC parameter has the following syntax:
USERSVC=SVC number (Default is 249) (you can use any unused SVC number between 200 - 255)
Usage Notes: Keep the following items in mind when using the USERSVC parameter
- CA-QuickFetch installs its USERSVC routine dynamically at initialization time.
- You do not have to define the USERSVC in SYS1.PARMLIB(IEASVCxx).
- Once you specify a USERSVC value, the SVC routine remains in CSA until the next IPL.
The CA QuickFetch USER SVC is used internally within the product and is therefore proprietary in nature. It basically provides communication between capabilities between CA QuickFetch and other CA components. Source code is not provided.