It seems the SMRWTR task will take multiple B37 ABENDs before hanging up with this
SMR611I PLRDALNW R/C = 970C0000 - DSN = HLQ....SYSLOG.SMRnnnnnn
748 SMR610A PLRDALNW - RESOURCE UNAVAILABLE, REPLY 'RETRY' OR 'CANCEL'.
1. Stop SMR activity (SMR task and user retrievals).
2. Locate the dataset name of the daily file in error.
(EX. Daily file: CAI.SMR02157).
3. Rename the daily file in error (CAI.SMR02157 to
4. Allocate a new Daily file (CAI.SMR02157) with larger
space allocation using CAI.SMR02157.OLD for the DCB model
(use ISPF or batch processing).
5. Copy CAI.SMR02157.OLD data to the new CAI.SMR02157 using a
simple IEBGENER step.
6. Run customized version of CAPLWTR that only executes the
last two steps (SMRCLCT and SMREND). Hard code the name of the
input HOLD file DSN or GDG generation on the //SMRRDER DD
statement. Remove the &CLASL symbolic from the proc JCL.
Running this modified 2 step version of CAPLWTR will move the
data from the HOLD file into the new larger Daily file.
7. To increase the size of future daily files, define new primary
(PRIMRY=n) and secondary (SECDRY=n) parameters
(see p.5-20 to 5-22 of Install Guide).
8. Repeat step 6 until all unprocessed HOLD files have been moved
into their appropriate daily files.
9. Restart SMR. If the size of the HOLD file needs to be increased,
modify the //IEFRDER DD statement SPACE parameter in the standard