What is the logic of PPM when copying tasks from template? Why do the task dates change?
1. Create a template MyTmp with a start 21/06/16 and a finish date of 21/06/18
2. Add a milestone with a start / finish date of 21/06/17
3. Create a project with a start date of 21/06/18 and a finish date of 21/06/20
4. On the Tasks tab of the project, Actions menu, click on Copy Task from Template
5. Select MyTmp project template, select the milestone and click on Copy
6. The milestone date on the target project is 21/06/19
When copying tasks from a template, PPM checks the project template start date and the task start date.
It looks into the project start and task start date gap, on this case a year gap.
It then looks into the target project start date and creates the task by respecting the gap of the template.