What is the effort task?
The Effort task is a bucket task that resources can track time to.
How is the task added?
- In Admin Tools > Project Management > Settings - the field 'Allow Effort Task Creation' must be checked for the Effort task to be created on projects.
- The Effort task is automatically created on a project when there are no tasks already existing, and resources are added to the team.
- The Effort task name is the same as the project name, and has an ID of '~rmw'.
- If you want to remove and keep a resource off the Effort task then go to the resources Staff Member Properties page and uncheck 'Assigned to Effort Task'.
How is ETC calculated for the Effort task?
A resources ETC on the Effort task is calculated based on the following rules:
Is the Effort Task required?
- If the resource has a default availability value then the resource gets etc equal to that amount on the effort task.
- If the resource has allocation segments, then these values override the default value.
- If the resource has an allocation finish date earlier then the project finish date, then the resource will not have etc after that date.
- If the resource has an allocation start later than the project start, then the resource will not have etc prior to that date.
- The effort task finish date is controlled by the project finish date, unless the resources assigned to it all have allocation finish dates prior to the project finish date.
- You can turn off the ability to create this task in Administration-> Project Management ->Settings by unchecking the field 'Allow Effort Task Creation'.