The Effort task is a bucket task that resources can track time to.
In Admin Tools > Project Management > Settings - the field 'Allow Effort Task Creation' must be checked for the Effort task to be created on projects.
The Effort task is automatically created on a project when there are no tasks already existing, and resources are added to the team.
The Effort task name is the same as the project name, and has an ID of '~rmw'.
If you want to remove and keep a resource off the Effort task then go to the resources Staff Member Properties page and uncheck 'Assigned to Effort Task'.
A resources ETC on the Effort task is calculated based on the following rules:
- If the resource has a default availability value then the resource gets etc equal to that amount on the effort task.
- If the resource has allocation segments, then these values override the default value.
- If the resource has an allocation finish date earlier then the project finish date, then the resource will not have etc after that date.
- If the resource has an allocation start later than the project start, then the resource will not have etc prior to that date.
- The effort task finish date is controlled by the project finish date, unless the resources assigned to it all have allocation finish dates prior to the project finish date.