This document explains the Change Order Schedule feature in Service Desk R12
In Service Desk R12, Change Order Schedule is a new feature.
It has the following uses:
Scheduling a change order:
- View upcoming scheduled change orders in a calendar-like interface
- Identify overlaps/conflicts in scheduled changes
- Export to desktop calendar (Outlook/Lotus)
- Integrates with role-based UI
- Change Order schedule tab in the out of the box Change Order Manager, Level 2 Analyst, and Administrator roles
- Login to ServiceDesk
- Click on File->New Change Order.
- Fill all the required fields.
- Select the Schedule Start Date and specify the date and time and click on OK. Fig 1
- Enter the scheduled duration in hh:mm:ss format. Fig 2
- The Schedule End Date is a read only field which gets auto populated on saving a change order based on the Schedule Duration field.
- Save the change order. Verify the schedule end date. Fig 3
Note: The new Change Type attribute follows the ITIL V3 recommendations and has the values Emergency, Normal or Standard.
To view the Change Order Schedule:
- Click on the Change Order Schedule tab. The change orders are grouped by Change Type, Schedule Start Date and Schedule End Date Fig 4
The Legend is displayed at the bottom of the change schedule window.
Exporting the change schedule:
The change order schedule can be exported to Outlook calendar as an .ics file. Click on Export button on the top and select Save to save the schedule. Fig 5.1 and 5.2