- Allow Service Desk's Administrators to specify users who can receive Notifications Conditionally.
- Can be attached to Activity Notifications. Multiple Notification Rules can be attached to a single Activity Notification.
- Will have a Condition associated with it that must be met in order to send a Notification.
- Have Conditions under "Site Defined Conditional Macros" in CA Service Desk Manager.
- There are 124+ notification rules provided out-of-the-box with CA Service Desk Manager r12 and above.
A Notification Rule contains three pieces of information:
- A Condition that is evaluated to determine whether a Notification is to be sent.
- A Message Template
- Contact(s) to Notify.
Condition: The Condition will be evaluated using a Site Defined Conditional Macro.
Message Template: This is the body of the email that is sent to the recipient. Out of box Message Templates may be modified and used with different Notification Rules.
Notification Rule Setup
Note: Notification Rules support the following Objects:
- Change Order and