What Health Checker messages are issued by CA Spool?
The following Health Checks are provided for CA Spool:
- SPOOL_SPACE_PCT@jobname: Monitors space in the CA Spool data sets to ensure that sufficient spool space is available to allow for more spool files.
- SPOOL_FILE_QUEUE_PCT@jobname: Monitors file queue elements in use, to ensure that sufficient free file queue elements are available to allow for more spool files.
- SPOOL_TCP_ACT@jobname: Monitors number of concurrent active TCP/IP subtasks to warn if the maximum of 128 subtasks is being reached.
- SPOOL_TRANSFRM_ACT@jobname: Monitors number of concurrent active Transformer subtasks to warn if the maximum number of Transformer subtasks is being reached.
- SPOOL_CKPT_ACT@jobname: Warns if the CA Spool system has not updated the checkpoint within the CKPTIME= specified time interval.
Warns if the CA Spool EMAS/MAS complex member has not been able to get access to the checkpoint within the WARNTIM= specified time interval.
- SPOOL_OPT_ENCRYPT@STCname: Warns that CA Spool has detected a setting of SPOOLENC=YES, but encryption hardware is not installed on this computer. CA Spool can encrypt and decrypt reports without encryption hardware, but emulating encryption hardware is CPU intensive, and it is more efficient to run all archiving and browsing tasks for encrypted databases on a computer that supports hardware encryption.
The Health Checker Messages are listed below:
- ESFH012E Current Spool dataset space usage is above the check warning threshold
- ESFH022E Current number of CA Spool files is above the check warning threshold.
- ESFH032E The current number of CA Spool TCP/IP printer subtasks is above the check warning threshold.
- ESFH042E Current number of CA Spool Transformer subtask is above the check warning threshold
- ESFH052E CA Spool checkpoint performance issues were detected
- ESFH053E CA Spool EMAS/MAS complex checkpoint performance problem detected
- ESFH062E CA Spool has detected that SPOOLENC=YES - spool data encryption is enabled...
Note: There are no parameters or commands in CA Spool to activate/deactivate these Health Checks.
Please refer to the IBM Health Checker User's Guide for the ways to enable/disable the checks if necessary; and they can be done by issuing MODIFY commands through SDSF or CA Sysview.