Upon deleting a user (account), there would be no ability to search on filler for that username or account. Work items to which that deleted user is assigned would remain assigned or owned by the user.
It is strongly recommended that work items be reassigned before deleting the user.
Deleting a user removes the user from:
- The listing on the users summary page
- The Owner drop-down listings on all work item summary pages
Tip: Instead of deleting a user, inactivate the user and re-activate at any time. Select the Disabled checkbox on the Edit User page and click Save.
Before you delete a user, you need to re-assign the work item owner by the user:
- Filter all work products based on the user you want to delete.
- From the Actions button, select Multi-edit.
- Select a new name from the Owner drop-down list to re-assign the work items to a new owner.
To Delete a user:
- Click the gear icon next to the user you want to change, then select Delete.
- Click OK at the prompt.
Note: There is no undo function after you delete the user.