What do I do when I find invalid objects with my database instance?
Invalid objects can occur for various reasons. Below, are some basic trouble-shooting tips that will better help the Database Administrator (DBA) and CA Technical Support Engineer determine the root cause.
- What is the object_name and object_type of the invalid objects? Have your DBA assist.
- Has this system ever been upgraded? If so, from what version, to what versions?
- Try to determine what is the root cause of this issue and provide the necessary corrective action, if able. Some possible causes:
Conflicting custom objects
Recent patch installation
Adding an attribute or enabling Audit Trail on an attribute
- Attempt to recompile the invalid object. If an error occurs, try to determine the cause and resolve the issue if possible. For example, from an Oracle SQL PLUS session, type (Have your DBA assist in this action) SQL> alter procedure <procedurename> compile;
- If it fails, send us the error output, for example: SQL> sho err
- If the invalid objects persist, please contact CA PPM Technical Support for assistance.