An IDEAL main program is calling a COBOL sub-program and getting this error:
DB00501E - OPEN ERROR - RETURN CODE 55 (001)
The URT is assembling and linking cleanly with cc=0.
What can cause this error?
The return code 55 indicate a problem exists with the User Requirements Table assembly. Some things that can cause the error are:
- Picking up mixed release modules during the assembly of the URT
- The URT was assembled with a different release CABDMAC macro library
- Not specifying LE=YES with LE runtime programs
- The linkedit should have ENTRY program_name not ENTRY BEGIN
- Including the wrong URT in the linkedit of the program