The following is a list of symptoms or situations that usually indicate an eHealth application may or will be run out disk space soon.
- Disk usage is reaching 90% on any partitions, and free space in the Oracle home and eHealth home partitions each is less than 5G.
- Errors noting that eHealth is unable to add elements in system.log, or the eHealth console indicates that Oracle datafiles could not be extended due to either full disk or a datafile reaching maximum size of 32G. This symptom mainly occurs for datafiles in NH_DATA01 and NH_INDEX tablespaces. Sometimes, this symptom can occur when the tmp or rollback datafiles are approaching 30G in size.
- Statistics rollup had been failing for several weeks or months.
- ArchiveLogs directory has filled up due to deleteArchive log job failure or due to the generation of many redo log files in a short time range. A typical situation we have seen is that one or more redo log files are generated within one minute.
- Other symptoms, in addition to those mentioned above, occur less frequently and include generation of a huge amount of oracle trace files and generation of large core dump files. Also, availability backfill can sometimes use all space allocated for $NH_HOME.