As EEM 8.4 no longer uses Ingres, specific steps are needed to perform a backup of the EEM.
Performing a backup in EEM 8.4 is a two step process.
- Backup CA EEM server File and Folders.
- Backup CA EEM Data stored in the CA Directory
Steps to backup CA EEM server files and folders:
You must backup the following files
Event Information (required if EEM has any events configured)
- calm_catalog folder
- calm_archive folder
- System Registry
- iTechnology folder.
Steps to backup EEM Data stored in CA Directory
In EEM 8.4 the data is stored in a memory mapped db file. The file's default location is C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Directory\dxserver\data\iTechPoz-XXXXXXXXXXX (XXX is the server name where EEM is installed)
The DXSERVER command dxdumpdb should be used to take a backup of the data stored in the directory
Note: The DX_HOME environment variable should be set in the environment variables to run the command from any location. If DX_HOME is not set then the dxdumpdb can only run from C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Directory\dxserver\bin folder.
- On the EEM server, open command prompt and run the command dxserver stop all (This will stop all the dxserver services)
- Run the command dxdumpdb -f output_file_name iTechPoz-<hostname>
Example: dxdumpdb -f C:\initial.ldif iTechPoz-ServerABC
This will create an initial.ldif file under root of C drive which contains all the data from the CA Directory.
- Run the command dxserver start all (This will start all the dxserver services).