The upgrade procedure changed in Datacom/AD version 15.0 and is now called an active MUF upgrade and is documented in section How to Perform an Active MUF Upgrade in https://docops.ca.com/
Here is a summary of the process:
- Install the Datacom/AD 15.0 software by running these jobs from the SAMPJCL library:
For more details see section Install Products Using Native SMP/E JCL in https://docops.ca.com/
- As indicted in the README PTF RI88629, apply all published Datacom/AD PTFs. These provide updated CAAXSAMP install JCL members. Currently the PTFs are:
RO90052 CAAXSAMP CORRECTIONS FOR DATACOM/AD
RO90378 CAAXSAMP CORRECTIONS FOR DATACOM/AD
RO91001 CAAXSAMP CORRECTIONS FOR DATACOM/AD
RO91956 DATACOM/AD MUF STARTUP SCINIT MESSAGE: SCP TABLE NOT FOUND
RO93497 CAAXSAMP CORRECTIONS FOR DATACOM/AD
RO94087 CAAXSAMP CORRECTION IN AXACTALC
RO94881 CAAXSAMP INCORRECT AD15PXXR AND AD15PXXC
RO95838 CAAXSAMP AXCUSACT CORRECTION
RO97294 CAAXSAMP CORRECTION TO AX15B001
- Run member AXCUS00 in the CAAXSAMP library to create the INSTJCL library and custom libraries.
- Run member AXCUSACT in the INSTJCL library to create the ACT.INSTJCL library.
- Upgrade an active 14.0 MUF to version 15.0 by running these jobs from the ACT.INSTJCL library:
Note: Job AXRIM01 installs the PC Call routines. After you run it you need to update your system CAS9 procedure which runs at IPL time with the input statements from AXRIM01 so the PC call routines get installed after every IPL.
- Stop the CA product using this MUF.
- If the CA product uses CA Datacom Server then stop the Server
- Shutdown the Datacom/AD 14.0 MUF. Ensure the MUF shuts down cleanly (without any errors).
- Copy your existing 14.0 MUF startup JCL and change the STEPLIB to use the Datacom/AD 15.0 CAAXLOAD and CUSLIB libraries.
- Update the JCL of the CA product using the MUF and change the STEPLIB to use the new Datacom/AD 15.0 CAAXLOAD and CUSLIB libraries. There's no need to make any other changes to the other CA product.
- If the CA product uses CA Datacom Server then update the CA Datacom Server JCL and change the STEPLIB to use the new Datacom/AD 15.0 CAAXLOAD and CUSLIB libraries.
- Start the MUF that was just upgraded using the Datacom/AD 15.0 software. Use the JCL in step 9. Alternatively you can update and use AD15STUP in the ACT.INSTJCL library.
- Run the following members in the ACT.INSTJCL library:
- Start the CA product using this MUF.
The upgrade to Datacom/AD version 15.0 is now complete.
To upgrade another Datacom MUF environment start again from step 3 to create a new INSTJCL library and new custom libraries.