This document contains the steps to de-commision CA Disk from a z/OS system.
We are preparing to decommission our mainframe and have a requirement to remove non-essential
IVP products in anticipation of this event.
1. Stop archiving / backing up data sets with CA Disk.
2. Restore all required archived data sets, and then back-up those data sets with DFDSS,
or whatever application you plan to use in the interim.
3. Check if CA Disk hooks have been installed.
a) SMP/E restore the Usermods that related to the CA Disk hooks :
USERMOD2 - IFG0194E
USERMODH - IFG0196W
USERMODI - IGGDAU01
USERMODJ - IFG0201R
4. Check if the CA Disk SVC (normally named ADSMVS60) is used.
a) Remove the SVC entry (ADSMVS60) from the SYS1.PARMLIB(IEASVCxx) member.
5. Remove the CA Disk LINKLST entry for the CCUWLOAD, and CCUWLPA libraries (if present).
6. Remove the CA Disk library from the concatenation of the JES PROC (if present).
7. Remove DMSAR from the system. To do this, execute the z/OS command :
Hooks will be un-installed dynamically from z/OS.
8. Review all Automation to remove any CA Disk related functionality, including the starting of DMSAR at IPL time.