We created some imported financial transaction entries using XML Open Gateway (XOG).
The entries show up in the Administration Invalid Transaction Listing as 'New' Transactions.
The 'Post Transactions to Financials' job is executed successfully and the records are moved to the PPA_TRANSCONTROL table successfully and are now waiting for the 'Post to WIP' action. However, when we go to the Home, Transaction Entry List View and search for 'Imported' Transactions, they do not show up. I am logged into the application as the 'Financial Administrator' with financial properties defined.
What is the cause of this issue and how can it be resolved?
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create a XOG XML File for creating new financial transactions
The elements used in the XOG come from the sample 'imp_transaction_write.xml' file that is delivered with the application
The objectType element value was changed from 'inboundTransaction' to 'transaction' according to the depreciation of the 'inboundTransaction' value
Reference TEC439434 : XOG: The objectType 'inboundTransaction' has been deprecated. Please use the objectType 'transaction' instead
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_inboundTransaction.xsd">
<Header action="write" externalSource="ORACLE-FINANCIAL" objectType="transaction" version="6.0.11"/>
<Transaction actualCostRate="0" billRate="0" chargeable="1" clientID="" chargeCode="CC01" externalID="XOG_Ext_ID_1000" importStatus="N"
projectID="MYPROJECT100" resourceID="labor001" transactionDate="2012-10-24" transactionType="L" units="3" taskID="5002000"
inputTypeCode="Billable_Yes" groupId="123" voucherNumber="XOG001" transactionClass="LABOR"/>
- Perform the XOG WRITE action and review the XOG output to confirm successful action
- Login to the application as the 'Financial Administrator' FinAdmin
- Do not log in as 'admin'
- The 'FinAdmin' user will have active, financial properties defined on their Resource Financial Properties page
- The 'FinAdmin' user will have financial processing security access rights granted
- Navigate to Administration, Invalid Transactions and search for the new transactions
- Execute 'Post Transactions to Financials' job
- Navigate to Home, Post To WIP, see that the transactions are ready for posting but do not post them at this time - or query the PPA_TRANSCONTROL table to see that the records are in the table.
- Navigate to Home, Transactions Entry List View, Search for 'Imported' transactions
Expected Result: To see Voucher Number 'XOG001' listed
Actual Result: No results found
The transactions are in the tables correctly. The reason that the Financial Admin user or any other user with financial properties cannot see the records is because the end-user that 'created' the transactions do not have financial properties. The XOG action to create the transactions does not have the ability to specify the user that created the transactions, so the application automatically set the user to 'admin' (Internal ID = 1). In new implementations, the Administrator user does not have financial properties defined on their Resource Financial Properties page.
Any user that has financial processing security rights granted, is allowed to create transactions in the UI, but to have the ability to 'see' the transactions in the UI before posting into WIP, the user that 'created' the transaction will need to have their Resource Financial Properties completed.
To show the transactions that have already been created, the PPM System Administrator 'admin' user will need to have their Resource Financial Properties defined. Once this is done, any other user with access to the Transactions Entry page will see the items in the list.
Note: Behavior has changed in v13.3 and beyond. The creator of the manual transaction does not need to have financial properties defined to see the transactions in the list. If you experience a similar symptom and it cannot be resolved with this configuration, please log a support case.
- Login to the application as an administrator user (ie. admin)
- Navigate to Home, Resources
- Search for and open the profile for Resource ID = 'admin'
- Navigate to the Resource Financial Properties page
- Enter values into the required fields for Department, Location, Resource Class and Transaction Class
- Click 'Save' button
- Log out
- Login to the application as another 'Financial Administrator' FinAdmin (NOT the 'admin' user)
- Navigate to Home, Transactions Entry List View
- Search for 'Imported' transactions - the XOG transactions imported into the system will now appear for the 'FinAdmin' user
The following article describes a similar scenario. Updating the Resource Financial Properties page for the user creating manual transactions will allow the user to see the transactions in the UI before posting them into WIP.
Reference TEC562936 : Voucher Transaction Entry - After saving entry it is either not saved or it disappeared or is missing from the list